Slideshow

slide show

Daddy's Christmas Surprise

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I saw a shoot by a photographer that I really like, it included tin airplanes and a suitcase that we happen to have at home. So it gave me the idea to do a shoot including them as a gift for Hubby, an aviation enthusiast.  My friend Hana invited us to use her home studio for the shoot.  I wasn't sure how the boys would do.  All the big lights and reflectors are very tempting to pull and prod, and would they really want to sit still and smile?!!  Well, this is how it started:

There are quite a few that look like this:


Okay, 1 out of 2, we're off to a start:


Ethan's smile is holding strong, but Nolan is on the move:


Let's try sitting them on the suitcase:


Oh look,  Ethan has an eye:


Nolan decides to kiss his big bro:


That wasn't enough loving for his taste:


Ethan looks appreciatively at his little bro:


And finally, we've got a winner!


Hubby loved the photograph, I made a 10x10 print and put it in a really pretty yellow frame.  It looks great! Thank you Hana, for letting us use your space, for pretending to eat my head with puppet (how else do you think we achieved these smiles?), and for letting the kids ransack Pete's toys!

And a few more fun ones:

Ethan's about to fall backwards into the backdrop:


I'm not sure what's going on here, but I LOVE it:


Sweet little Nolan:


I struggled with editing these.  I envisioned making them a bit antiqued not really b&w or sepia but just sort of faded and worn, but never found a way to do it that I loved.  Actually, I got asked a lot about how I coordinated the boys' outfits and design for the Christmas card.  It all started with this hat.  I wanted an old style hat for Ethan for these airplane photos that were supposed to look old.  I could only find a gray hat, then the red and gray shirt and red sweater were picked to go with that and the rest of the card design followed suit!


2 comments:

Deirdre said...

Awesome awesome awesome! i couldnt pick a favorite!

Jill said...

So glad Chris liked them! My favorite is the last one with just Ethan. Love the color of it and how you can see all the props.

Post a Comment