Slideshow

slide show

Happy Father's Day!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm a little late with my Father's Day wishes, but I had to wait to share this until my Hubby saw it. And I have a wonderful way of losing track of time lately, with 2 months until the birth of our third son, all the normal operations that go along with raising 2 boys, work, I've also decided to update pretty much the whole house. Would you say I'm nesting?! So please forgive me these days if my correspondence leaves something to be desired ;)

This was a fun idea I totally and shamelessly hijacked from a photographer friend of mine, and put our own little spin on. She took pictures of her two little boys in their dad's work shirt and shoes, and they were adorable. At our house, it's working with Daddy that gets the kids excited. Even when my oldest, now 5, was just a toddler, any time my husband had tools in his hand, Ethan would walk up behind him and give him a pat on the back. Now, both boys tell him all the time that he's doing a good job. And of course they always want to join in on the fun. So the boys obliged to take a few fun photos for Daddy, wearing his hat he always wears when he works, pencil behind the ear, and of course the tools and the "tractor". It used to be that after a job well done, Daddy would nap in the hammock, but with two boys naps don't come easy. Now the reward comes in the form of beer... and they kids thought they were so funny with Daddy's big beer bottles!

Happy Father's Day to THE best Dad I could have dreamed of for my sons, and to all the other great dads out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment